The Credit Union Commission is responsible for adopting rules necessary to administer the credit union provisions of the Texas Finance Code. The Commission Rules are included as part of the Texas Administrative Code. Links to the credit union specific sections of the Texas Administrative Code are included below.
- Commission Rules — Texas Administrative Code – Title 7, Part 6
- Rules for Credit Unions — PDF Format
- Commission Rules (Searchable) — Texas Administrative Code – Title 7, Part 6
The Commission also has responsibility for providing credit unions guidance on the home equity lending provisions of the Texas Constitution. The following links detail the existing home equity interpretations and supporting information regarding loan modifications:
- Commission Home Equity Lending Interpretations — Texas Administrative Code – Title 7, Part 8
- Joint Home Equity Advisory Bulletin — Home Equity Modification Advisory Bulletin – April 2009
The following link to the Texas Department of Banking details regulatory requirements that apply to Texas credit unions regarding notification to check verification entities and the Closed Account Notification System.
- Rules for Notifying Check Verification Entities — Texas Administrative Code – Title 7, Part 2, Chapter 35