The Credit Union Department has a staff of 15 financial examiners and nine management and adminstrative support staff. Information regarding current employment opportunities with the Department is included below.
To apply for a position, applicants must submit a completed State of Texas Application for Employment to the Department's office along with any additional information specified in the job posting. Resumes may be submitted, but will not be accepted in lieu of the State Application. The Department screens all applications for minimum qualifications. Only those applications meeting the minimum requirements and including the requested documentation will be forwarded to the hiring supervisor. An applicant will be contacted directly by the Department if selected for an interview. The Department is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Employees of the Department are eligible for extensive state-sponsored benefits, including:
- Group Health Insurance -- Health insurance coverage is available for employees beginning on the first calendar month after the 90th day of employment. The agency pays the cost of health coverage for full-time employees and one-half the cost for dependents. Employees are responsible for the cost of any remaining premium and any optional coverages selected.
- Optional Insurance Coverages -- Optional coverages available to Department employees include Dependent Life, Term Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Care Insurance, Long & Short Term Disability Insurance, and Dental programs.
- Retirement -- All employees become members of the Employees Retirement System (ERS). A contribution equal to 6.5% of each employee's monthly salary is deducted and placed in an ERS account. Employee contributions to the defined-benefit plan are on a pre-tax basis. Vesting occurs at five years without retiree group insurance or 10 years with retiree group insurance. For more information regarding the retirement system, go to www.ers.state.tx.us.
- Other Benefits -- Employees are eligible for a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan, a 401(k) Plan, U.S. Savings Bonds, and direct deposit. The state also offers the TexFlex program, which allows employees to pay for insurance premiums and contributions to health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts on a tax-deferred basis.
- Annual Leave -- Full-time employees accrue a minimum of eight hours per month annual leave. Part-time employees accrue leave on a proportionate basis. The hours accrued are based on total years of state employment.
- Sick Leave -- Full-time employees earn eight hours of sick leave per month. Part-time employees accrue sick leave at a proportionate rate.
- Holidays -- Seventeen state and federal holidays are authorized and designated by the Legislature each year.