Section 11.309 of the Texas Finance Code provides the Texas Department of Banking responsibility for establishing a closed account notification system. The electronic notification system allows financial institutions to notify check verification companies of accounts closed at the customer’s request due to certain fraudulent use or unauthorized possession of identifying information. The following link to the Texas Department of Banking’s website includes detailed information on the Closed Account Notification System (CANS) and model forms for the Sworn Statement of Offense.
- Agency closed, December 26, 2022 – Day after Christmas
- Agency Closed, January 16, 2023 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Agency Closed, February 20, 2023 – Presidents’ Day
- Agency Closed, May 29, 2023 – Memorial Day
- Agency Closed, July 4, 2023 – Independence Day
- Agency Closed, December 24, 2023 – Christmas Eve